{Lost in Love}


I am always drawn into my photographs. 

It's not that I am the only patron of my work, nor I am THAT deeply conceited. But to me, my work is my blood and sweat. Every photograph I take is a parcel of myself-- of who I am. It's like giving away my soul.

When I love a photograph, I go back to it a thousand times. Zoom it in and then zoom it out, like I want to be there, permeate through the screen and just be there. And be one with the pixels.

To me this photograph is meaningful. It's more than just a blank stare. It's like a hurricane of emotions. 

Whenever a client would come up to me and tells me she wants her photographs taken, she would always readily say a little reminder that she do not know how to pose. Like a warning of the impending difficulty of the pictorial. But I always say, "That's impossible. No one knows how to pose really." Even if you have been modeling for years, it would still be difficult to pose, especially to show emotions. Let alone, emoting in front of a total stranger. Someone you have barely established rapport with, in the mere 15 minutes of pre-pictorial introduction.

You could actually say, a photograph is 20% a photographer's work. And the rest is pretty much the subject's. But I disagree. Whenever I photograph someone, I always try to stir her emotions by communicating my thoughts. It is a rather difficult task to be motivating someone on the spot. Drawing out my own emotions or experiences to make someone feel it so it comes out of the photograph is some of my precious feats as a photographer. This natural skill is probably my only secret to making images that are meant to astound.

I'm in love with what I do. I'm always lost in my thoughts and in my ideas, sketching inside of my brain of the things I want to photograph.