A big sister's promise.

T'was the end of the summer. My sisters are gonna go back to school again...meaning, play and other fun things are about to end for the three of them. It pains me to leave them behind as I am going back to my motherland (Laoag City) to do my nifty job on taking photos. Bleh! I really wished I could stay longer. Living with my sisters is always fun. They're one of the smartest, most clever, and most sensible little girls I have ever met! Not to mention, beautiful inside and out. 

So, as a big sister, I tried to grant all their wishes-- firstly, to have a photo shoot (done), secondly, to bake them clay doughs shaped into food (this is what this blog is all about), and lastly, to record a song (posted on my tumblr).

I forgot all of these the entire time I was with them in Isabela. I only got to remember all these promises at the last minute so I knew I had to do something quick! Hahaha. We grabbed the Play-Doh stuff and started shaping things with our little hands, baked them and voilah! Hand-shaped, microwave oven-baked inedible food toys, that are barely one-inch in size!

We were just planning to make mini doughnuts with different toppings, inspired by Krispy Kremes' box of yummy assorted goodies, but... I thought of a better idea. Why not make more than just doughnuts instead? I shaped all these things for my sisters to play with. Except for the hotdog in a bun though. My sister Ina made that! :-)
Making the crust was quite tricky. I had to make it look like a stuffed-crust pizza so I rolled the edges towards the center! Red sauce was made of red clay! This one was the toughest to make! Cutting the green bell peppers to squares, making perfectly-round pepperonis, and those niblets of parmesan cheese was tedious!
The egg ended as a failure. It wasn't supposed to become concave like this. But because of the heat, it started to shape weirdly. Hahaha! Oh wells.
The first hotdog was made by my sister. She gave me the idea so I made another one to make a pair. ^_^ Well hotdogs are best when it has slices in the middle! Don't we all love red hotdogs?
The first one that I made was the doughnut. I wanted it to have icing slathered all over and those really cute sprinkles to make it realistically like Krispy Kreme!  Sprinkles are hard to make. Huhu. The stacks of pancakes I made as well. Gotta love the whipped cream, the slab of butter and the oozing syrup!
This one is Ina's really cute idea. Reminds me of Jollibee hotdog with that mustard on top! Quite clever.
I really had fun making these! I think I am gonna do another batch for my sisters. I was thinking of sushis, spaghetti, tempura, chicken, and more doughnuts!

PS- we baked the doughs in the microwave for 1 minute. It is better to bake them in a real oven :-) To get the glossy oily effect, use a clear nail polish!